Friday, July 20, 2012

THE MAXFIELD PARK CHILDREN'S HOME

I grew up living opposite The Maxfield Park Children's Home in Kingston, Jamaica.
Three years ago they received a grant of approximately US $3.5 million from the Japanese Embassy to assist with the renovation of sections of their 90-year-old property.
The Maxfield Park Children's Home is the oldest co-ed childcare facility in Jamaica which serves as a permanent dwelling for many children who have been abandoned or otherwise made homeless.
I have therefore began to make contact with the relevant authorities with regard to a pledge to donate approximately 10% of sales from the book, Portrait of a Legend and other Folks, to this proud institution.
I intend to publish this book and I intend to keep this pledge.
Kindly watch my ass.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment