Sunday, July 1, 2012

I LOVE TO HEAR A BLACK MAN TALK


RASTA! My work will soon be available at my forthcoming Official webpage, poalaof.com. I was to photograph the Legend Bob Marley being interviewed by Felipe Luciano September 19, 1980 at Madison Square Garden.




BOB MARLEY - Interview with Ron Sinclair 1980-10-XX 3:13
(transposed by Tammy Beveridge January 2008)

Ron Sinclair-Your in New York Bob?
Bob Marley-Yeah
RS-Cool We’re live on the radio now Bob on JBC Radio live and a lot of things have been said here in Jamaica all week long Bob and of all the things is people sayin’ your dead
BM-Me dead a lot of people are dead believe me you know HEH
RS-Hah why Bob is it really its unbelievable the kinds of rumors gonna around Bob
BM-Well what I’m sayin is a lot of people have to die and leave me everytime anytime the bad news come everybody always have it but when the good news come nobody never get it here wonder why them have to try harder than that to kill me an rumors can’t do it neither
RS-People been sayin you have cancer Bob
BM-Everybody cancer when they want someone right
RS-You know the tension is in the air and everybody looking towards October 30 a lotta people still remember that incident in 1976 ya know
BM-I remember it myself
RS-Yeah mon I remember the man got shot you know we never know the end of that story
BM-Yeah nobody wanna know the end of that neither
RS-Serious thing. Now the news reports have it that you’re cooling out because on here too hot is that the correct interpretation
BM-Not too really hot ya know that ________might as well______cool off than me
RS-So when we expect you down here in Jamaica?
BM-As soon as rumors stop an everything cool people’s life gotta have some meaning ya know
RS-Your music is preaching love and brotherhood and awareness and yet
BM-That is good
RS-True, but yet at the same time what’s happening is kind a contrary to what your musics sending out ya know
BM-Well I mean ya noh let go nobody has to real stuff is all I deal with Rastafari the God I____ want to read about see him all ya got to do is live an ya know I want peace I want love down in Jamaica right now ya know because hear me want thing can go work seen
RS-True true I remember 1975 and I never forget ya know
BM-Yeah
RS-Yeah man as a matter of fact I remember the man actually called Michael Manley and Edward Seaga to shake hands on stage that year ya remember
BM-Yeah lots a peace an love I mean ya know
RS-Yeah mon it was very symbolic ya know
BM-Was it?
RS-But then that’s 5 years after ya know what I mean
BM-5 years after when ya not go I don’t have much to say what is happenin’ ya know but everyone down there ____is gonna on soh I’m not even involved in no politics an I defend noh politician noh politics just Rasta see it
RS-Give thanks Bob
BM-JAH live JAH live ya know


http://lindsaydonaldrootsreggaephotographer.blogspot.com/2011/12/ron-sinclair-interviews-bob-marley.html

No comments:

Post a Comment