Saturday, June 16, 2012

I AM BLESSED



I was blessed to have in my life Brother Mortimo 'Kumi' Planno. I took the only known photograph of him and Bob Marley together discussing the newspaper 'Survival'. I was to be the photographer for the newspaper. Only 3 issues were ever published.




Photograph's of Mortimo Planno are rare. He asked me to take this portrait in 1979.




I don't think we will have another Marley. Bob can't be dead. The message is in the music. The Rastafari teaching is still happening, but more in the country. In those days, we were more in the city, Trench Town. Now it's spread out all around. The elders are responsible for teaching the younger ones. The message goes around in the music. If you take mu out of music, that leaves sic. We take the mu out of the music, leave them sick, you see? The message continues in the music today. The music of today is a hotter fire. It will get more hot, hot, hot. Mortimo Planno

No comments:

Post a Comment