Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A LITTLE ABOUT LINDSAY DONALD

In 1974 I returned to Jamaica and got a job as a runner on the set of The Marijuana Affair, http://reggaefilms.blogspot.com/2008/10/marijuana-affair-1975-comming-soon.html which was being filmed in Kingston starring the late Calvin Lockhart. It was at this time that I met Bob Marley at 56 Hope Road, Marley's recording studio. After a year in Jamaica, I left to tour Africa and was to spend three years travelling across the Sahara Desert, teaching in Ghana, photographing the Nigerian FESTAC Festival and because of my friendship with the Nigerian musician Fela Ransome Kuti, I was incarcarated in a Lagos detention centre for five months in the same cell with Lieutenant Colonel Buka Suka Dimka, the man who led an abortive military coup against the Nigerian president, General Murtala Ramat Mohammed and who subsequently was later executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment