Friday, December 7, 2012

REDEMPTION SONG





REDEMPTION SONGS (JAHUGLIMAN/CARL GAYLE)

“Yeaaaaaahy.. Greetins in the name of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile I Selassie I..Jah Rastafari who liveth an reigneth with I an I intnually ever faithful ever sure.. They say experience teacheth wisdom, but there’s a natural mystic blowin thru the air…”
So Bob introduce him show, Pittsburg Pennslyvania U.S.A. The last show completed on USA tour 1980.
Natural Mystic… “.. Many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die..Tho I tried to find the answer to all the questions they ask, yet I know its impossible to go livin thru my past”..Bob sing to educate but for those who don’t learn it get too late.
Rastaman Vibration…Positive. “If yu get down an yu quarrell every day yu sayin prayers to the devil I say..Why not help one another on the way, make it much easier..”
Burnin An Lootin.. “This mornin I woke up in a curfew, oh God I was a prisoner too.. could not recognise the faces standing over me..all dressed in uniforms of brutality..How many rivers do we have to cross before we can talk to the boss…” Is a song yu sing in a jailhouse innocent on no charge juss becos yu walk de street. De dread sing fe all rebel all over earth.
Them Belly Full…”Dem belly full but we hungry, a hungry mob is a angry mob, de rain a fall but de du’t it tuff, a pot a cook but de food nuh ‘nuff”..Singin for de sick de sorrowful, de troubled, de weak, rich an poor everyone want more. The reggae music is de revolution when yu get de spirit..hungry mob.
Heathen…”Rise oh fallen fighters, rise and take your stance again, he who fight an run away live to fight another day…As a man sew shell he reap and I know that talk is cheap, but de hotter de battle a de sweeter Jah victory”.. Grudgeful envious people..
Runnin Away “..Yu can’t run away from yourself. Yu must have done something wrong, why you can’t find the place where you belong…” Guilt conscience can’t hide.
Crazy Baalhead…”I an I build the cabin I an I plant the corn, didn’t my people before me slave for this country, now yu look me with a scorn then yu eat up all my corn..we gonna chase those crazy baalheads out of town..” De dread prophecy then him fulfill de book.
Him asks “How yu feelin out dere? Feels good, feels good yeah, Rastafari!” WAR… “Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned..” everywhere is war. Cos Jah never yet speak of black an white, to defend one and fight against the other.
No More Trouble… Sad enough without your woes so speak happiness, we dohn need no more trouble.
Zimbabwe”…Every man got a right to decide his own destiny.” When a man mean bizniz dat mean him will lay down him life fe de cause of de people freedom struggle. Natty trash it inna Zimbabwe. Take more than words. Bob do it, lets do it.
Zion Train…People if yu ready get on board.. De ticket yu need name self control. Which is de benefit of wisdom. It require the will of Jah.. Bob say Two thousan years of history could not be wiped so easily. But still I an I have to fulfill de book. Can’t just sit around every day.. in Babylon.
No Woman No Cry..dealing with loyalty an faith an hard times, devoted to a brave woman forced to be alone. Personal song of love for the world to share. we have oh good friends we have lost, along the way..in this great future you can’t forget your past, so dry your tears I say.’
Jammin ..Fast tempo from start to finish. ‘No bullets can stop us now, we wont beg we wont bow’.
Exodus..’Men and people will fight you down when you see Jah light..let me tell yu if you’re not wrong everything is alright” Movement is life so lets move Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
Redemption Song ..De youth of today sing dis in detention when yu back against de wall yu remember Jah, yu sing freedom song. So help de dread sing.
Coming In from The Cold..Call and response. Its you I’m talking to.. why do you look so sad and forsaken? When one door is closed the other is open.
Could you be loved ..’The road of life is rocky.. you might stumble too so while you point those finger-some one else is judging you.’
Is This Love ..For those in love yu ave to be truthful like yu throw yu cards pan de table.Work..’We jah people can make it work, come togeda and make it work ‘ mek Tuff Gong International leggo dis pan disco or 45. Live version Pittsburg Pennsylvania USA 1980 tour ‘5 days to go..’








No comments:

Post a Comment